Wednesday, March 21, 2012

This is Borderline My Worst Nightmare.

Holyyy Cow. Sorry for the lack in blogging, with Spring Break, tests, and all sorts of other nonsense I've been busier than a one-armed man in a paper folding contest.
Spring Break was fantastic. I love being home and being around my family like that. Monday and Tuesday were spent with the sisters camping back up in some woods. It wasn't acceptable for three teenage girls to be camping alone, so we pitched a tent in one of our friend's back yards. It was still great bonding time with them. As you may have read on my father's post, Saturday we took a lovely visit to Rednecks With Paychecks, and despite my fa's realistic tale of the events, I had a blast. Maybe it's just the young in me ;) However, it's defintely not a place I would attempt to venture by myself.
I have two tests this week, three written assignments, and some online homework to be completed by midnight tomorrow night. Gotta love college:)
Usually, that would be an issue for me, but this week, it doesn't seem like it will.
Ever since returning here to the big ol' school of learning, sleeping is not something I wish to explore. Early Monday morning, I awoke dunked in sweat, gasping for air. The nightmare that had disturbed my slumber was haunting, and had my mind weary to sleep. Now, I usually try to be an optimistic person, and keep my attitude pretty happy, so this onset really shook me. I went about my daily routine, but when it came time to go to bed, I just couldn't bring myself to climb under the blankets. So I studied, until two in the morning. Finally, my body was exhausted. So I laid in bed, and again, woke two hours later unaware of my surroundings and sweating like a fool. I felt sick all day yesterday, and decided I was going to sleep like a log last night. So I took a couple benedryl and crashed.
On a side note, I've been known to sleep walk, talk and all that other nonsense. I've fallen off my bed, (which is why it's now on the floor), broken dishes, and woken up in the shower before.
My roommate said that I was up at two, doing "dishes". There was nothing in my hands. I started talking to her, asking if she had seen him.
"Who?" she kept asking.
I never replied to her, and climbed into bed. Leaving the water running.
I woke up a few minutes later kicking the blankets and hitting my head on the bed post.
In the dream, I'm standing on a cliff. The sea water omitting a horrid smell that I couldn't bare. Behind me, a forest. One I don't recognize. The birds are startled, so I run. I don't know where I'm running to, but my heart tells me it's a safe place. I hear a roar. So loud it brings me to my knees as I cover my ears. This thing... This animal... is behind me. I feel it. The dreams vary at this part, the first two, I could run. The last, I couldn't. I feel his claw grab my loose clothing. I can't stand to look at him, his face disgusting in itself, with horns the size of a mammoth's tusks. I scream. I kick. I try everything. His fur is patchy, and burned. I can smell the hair as the flames rise from his back. He pulls me in close, attempting to smother me, but I pull out a knife. It just startles him as I run it through his arm. He throws me to the ground, and places his massive foot over my chest, and as I'm running short on air, I wake up. The ending has varied, that's just the tameist one.
I'm hoping these will just run their course, and in the mean time, it gives me plenty of oppritunity to study.
Maybe one night I'll pull out a gun, and prove my dominance.

3 comments:

  1. I guess if I was a dream interpreter I would say the huge beast is the school and it is pushing the life out of you. No matter how hard you want to run away from it, you know there is no place to go so you stay and fight the battle at all costs. Even if you do show your dominance and defeat the beast, the looming effects of the fight (student loans) will haunt you the rest of your life.
    Hey, but what do I know, I'm just a redneck, not a Shaman.
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha that sounds pretty reasonable fa. Love you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone is different, but I had a lot of bad ones when I was younger and have very few at all now. Stress can bring them on as well. I guess the most important thing is to remember it's just a dream and try not to let it become self-perpetuating. In other words, you're scared of the dream and it's causing you to have the dream.

    ReplyDelete